The Everyday Scrapper - Funday Monday

Below please find my Monday post on The Everyday Scrapper. Of course you could go there yourself to check it out and while there, stop in at the forum & chat it up a bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend & are ready to check out something fun with me today.

Are you one of those peole who save all your corks with intentions to do something with them, but then leave them sit in bags, untouched. Well, my aunt used to pass corks along to my sister & I with our intentions to make "cork boards". After years of this, & litterally, a trashbag full of corks, I decided that it was time to do something about it, so I created this:

I got an old extra large picture frame, sanded it a little, & painted with a light coat of paint, just to give it some color. Then I took some brown leather ribbon & adhered it around the grove of the frame. I embellished it with a flower & some bling to "girl it up". As for the cork part, I used cardboard, cut to the size of the frame backing, got rid of the glass from the frame. I then used my glue gun & created a pattern with the corks, making sure that they were sucure. & Voila! A pretty little cork board, made from real corks.

If you have done something like this, or made something out of corks, please go to the forum & share with us what you've done. We would love to see your creations.

Thanks for looking & have another great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Carpet Studio ~ Movie Night Blog Hop

The Everyday Scrapper Blog Hop

Red Carpet Studio ABC Random Blog Hop