First Communion Card

Hi there.  A few weeks ago, our neighbor Clarke Jr., received his first communion.  What an honor & joyous time!  Of course they had a big party for him, & we celebrated with true Texas BBQ, & lots of other goodies!  A fun time was had by everyone who attended! 
 
For his communion, we gave him a monetary gift, & I decided to make the card to give him.  Here is what I came up with:
 
 
To give the cross an older look, I distressed the edges, even ripping it in some places, & I also crumpled it.  I used some handmade paper behind it, that I distressed as well, & adhered to some scrap patterend paper.  I used brown twine, & the Purple Cow Craft Geek Wind It to wind wire into a heart.  I finished it off by adding a sticker & doodling along the edges.  Viola.  Simple & easy.  Perfect for an 8 year old's First Communion!
 
Have a great day!  Please stop by again soon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Carpet Studio ~ Movie Night Blog Hop

The Everyday Scrapper Blog Hop

Red Carpet Studio ABC Random Blog Hop