The Everyday Scrapper - Manic Monday

Catherine, at The Everyday Scrapper, has asked me to take over the Monday spot on the website! There are some wonderful contributors that share fabulous ideas from money saving tips, to card making, to sketches, to altered projects, etc. It is just a very talented group of ladies! I am now blessed to have the opportunity to contribute regularly. So, check out the site when you get the chance, not just to see what I post on Mondays, but what everyone has to share, everyday!

Here is my very first Monday post:

Can you believe that we are in February? And Valentine's day is right around the corner. This week my girls are celebrating Valentine's day at preschool, so with the help of Emma, we made the Valentine's for their classes.

First we cut out heart layers with the Cricut, using the Doodlecharms cartridge. (A money saving tip: I used all paper that was in my scrap bin! A great way to use it up, & save money at the same time!).


Once that was done, I inked the white center hearts, & then we adhered them to the base:


After that, Emma had a ball helping me stamp the images (that she chose) onto the hearts. We used a Penny Black stamp set:


Then I colored in the images with colored pencils, doodled around the edges. Then had Emma sign her name on the back. We will attach them to a small treat bag, for her to hand out to her friends in class this week. It was a fun Mommy/daughter project, that was inexpensive. And they are kinda cute too. ;o)


Do you make your own Valentine's? If so, please head over to the forum & let us see what you have done.

Thank you for checking out my project!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Carpet Studio ~ Movie Night Blog Hop

Don't Fall Over!!!

Red Carpet Studio - Love is in the Air Bloghop