I'm Back

Hello everybody! How are you? It has been a very long time since I checked in, & I think that I am settled in & ready to start blogging again. Just a quick updated:

We are here in Katy, TX & everyone is adjusting nicely. We were really worried about Emma, since she is so shy, but by the end of her first day of school, she had made friends & was invited to playdates! Boy was that a shock! She is doing outstanding in school, her reading is incredible & we really really really love the school district here! The communication is weekly (sometimes several times a week), & the activities are amazing. A brand new elementary school is slated to open this fall, less than a mile from our house, so both girls will be attending that. Audra, our social butterfly, hasn't changed, just her friends have. Her preschool is awesome, & of course she loves it. She wants to be where her friends are at all times, & is happy go lucky as always. Boy is she ready for Kindergarten!!

I must say that I really like it here. I am working Travelocity/American Express, just like I was in PA. I try to get all my hours in when the girls are at school, however, I like having the down time too. I have met some nice people in the neighborhood, take craft classes, & have started to focus on me a bit. I have lost 21 lbs & counting. We have joined a gym, & go many times a week. I really love zumba, & am getting into yoga a bit. I also try to walk around the lake several times a week. It is so peaceful & beautiful.

Tony, well, he is having the hardest time adjusting. He has a bit of a commute to work, & is doing the job of 3 people right now, & just isn't finding himself here. He recently joined a racquetball league, so hopefully that will help relieve some of the stress he is having. I guess going from working from home, to having a commute & working longer hours, is a very big change.

Since we only have each other here, we try to have family fun days each week. Whether it be pizza & game or movie night, or going out exploring our new surroundings, but we are having a great time as a family. The weather is great, so we spend a lot of time outside. In fact, this past weekend was in the 90s, so the girls had the slip-n-slide out. If it is in the 90s in April.....just imagine the summers! Ugh.

On other family notes, my sister's wedding is rapidly approaching. She is getting married June 16th. Her shower is coming up, & I made the invites for it. I will share with you soon. She & her fiance were here for a visit over spring break, & we got me a dress (I am the matron of honor). Very pretty dress. My parents were here over spring break as well, but they came after Dawn left. When they were here, we reconnected with my cousins (my fathers niece & nephew). I haven't seen them since I was 16, & my parents have seen them in about 12 years. It was a fun reunion.

On another note, my father was recently diagnosed with prostrate cancer. He has had tests & has a followup appointment this Thursday. He is doing really well with this & doesn't seem to be bothered at all. He says that now that they know, it is time to do something about it. Please keep him in your thoughts & prayers over the next several weeks.

Ok, that about sums it up in a nut shell. I am sorry for rambling on like that, but I had several months to catch up on. I hope that you all are doing well, & I look forward to getting back into the swing of blogging, crafting, & sharing with you my projects & pages.

Have a fabulous day!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Carpet Studio ~ Movie Night Blog Hop

The Everyday Scrapper Blog Hop

Red Carpet Studio ABC Random Blog Hop